Are you struggling to keep your hardwood floors looking nice and clean? I understand! I had that problem for years. Because I have pets and small children, my floors tend to get very messy, and really quickly too.
Thankfully, I discovered robotic vacuums and my cleaning routine changed! But, then there’s the challenge of finding the best robot vacuum for hardwood floors. Some products claim to have great suction, but the truth is that a lot of them suck! And, I mean, they suck next to nothing.
I certainly didn’t get it right on my first purchase. But, I hope you will. Luckily for you, I’ll share my knowledge and insight into some of the best robovacs that I’ve come across for hardwood floors. Now, you won’t have to make some of those mistakes I made before as I searched to find the best robot vacuum for my hardwood floors.
|Run time||140 minutes||80 minutes||120 minutes||100 minutes||150 - 210 minutes|
|Cleaning Modes||Auto, Spot, Edge clean||5 cleaning program||Auto, Spot and cleaning every corner||Auto, Spot, Edge & Single Room||Dry sweeping or damp mopping|
|Navigation||Advanced Navigation Sensors||Smart Sensors||Accurate Navigation||3 types of Anti-Drop Sensors||NorthStar Navigation system|
|Product size||11.8 x 11.8 x 3 inches||12.7 x 12.7 x 3.3inches||13.6 x 13.6 x 3.8 inches||13 x 13 x 3.1 inches||9.6 x 8.5 x 3.1 inches|
1. ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner – THE BEST BATTERY LIFE
When I came across the ILIFE V5s Pro, I was fascinated with it’s design. I mean, it really does look nice. Of course, I expected it to clean nicely too. I was not disappointed. After using it for a while, I was very impressed. It runs for up to 140 mins and has amazing suction that allows it to pick up just about everything from your bare hardwood floors. It even has a mopping system that you can use to mop your floors while it vacuums. With obstacle detection and smart care, this robotic vacuum surely has a lot to offer.
There’s hardly anything to dislike about the ILIFE V4s Pro, it’s a big upgrade to the previous V5s model and I think it does a fantastic job cleaning my floors, even with my messy kids and pets around. And, I realize that it doesn’t get stuck as easily when the mop holder is removed.
- It can vacuum and mop the floors at the same time.
- It’s small and lightweight so you can move it around easily.
- You can use it on other types of flooring too.
- It has a good run time and it automatically docks when it needs charging.
- It’s recommended that you change the filter every month, so that’s an additional cost to bear in mind.
- It may get stuck a lot if the mop holder is attached to it.
2. INLIFE i7 Self Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – THE CHEAPEST MODEL
For some time, I tested the INLIFE i7 on my hardwood floors. Just like the other robotic vacuums in this article, it did a fantastic job. I loved the strong suction that it has. One of my favorite things about it though is its price. You don’t have to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars just to purchase it. Yet, it does a fantastic job.
Don’t get it twisted! It’s not meant for deep cleaning your floors- no robot vacuum is. But, its suction is powerful, and it can pick up even the lightest and smallest debris from your floors. You can even schedule it to clean whether you’re home or not. And, if it runs of out charge while cleaning, it will auto dock and recharge itself. These high-end features work great in this model.
The INLIFE i7 is small enough to fit under a lot of furniture. It will go places that your regular vacuum is unable to reach. And, it’s very easy to control as it has a remote control included. For the price, I really think you get a lot in this product.
- It can get a full charge in as little as 3 hours.
- There are several cleaning programs to choose from.
- It has a lot of features that you can find on high-end and more expensive robot vacuums.
- You can schedule cleaning times.
- It requires more maintenance than many other models as it has a brush roll and side brushes that will need cleaning.
3. Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner Robot – THE BEST SUCTION IN THE CLASS
After using the Xiaomi Mi for some time, there’s only word that comes close to describing it- AMAZING! At first, I was a bit skeptical because everything is in Chinese, including the instructions. But once I overcame that hurdle, everything went smoothly. It’s easy to setup, runs great on bare floors and the suction is just incredible. It’s able to pick up dirt and debris that many other robovacs will leave behind.
There is just one problem with this vacuum. It doesn’t do a great job on carpets, especially if the carpet is thick as it tends to get stuck a lot on carpets. This is a widely known problem, yet many users still resort to this vacuum because of the incredible job that it does on bare hardwood floors. The battery lasts for a fairly long time too, as it delivers more than the average 60 minutes of vacuuming time when fully charged.
- It remembers the layout of your home, so it can enhance the cleaning process.
- You can control it by using apps via Wi-Fi.
- It has its own app which you can use to control it. You can even block areas that you do not want it to clean.
- You don’t have to worry about it falling down stairs.
- You should replace the brushes after using for 3 months, so this may get costly.
4. ECOVACS Deebot N79 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner – BEST VALUE OVERALL
Another great robot vacuum that I’d recommend is the ECOVACS Deebot N79. In fact, of all the products mentioned in this article, I believe it offers the best value overall. It’s not the most expensive, it has great suction, includes a lot of features and you’ll love the job that it does on your hardwood floors. I certainly did!
If you do not want to spend a lot of money on those high priced robotic vacuums but you’d like to have one that’s just as good, this is a great one to try out. I’ve used it and I must say, I absolutely love it. I may not be a pro when it comes to robot vacuums. But trust me, I’ve seen quite a few of them in action and this one is among the best. And, with all the high-end features it has, you’ll certainly feel like you’re using a much more expensive robovac.
- You can control it even when you’re not home by using your smartphone.
- It has a very good battery life.
- There are sensors that will prevent it from falling down stairs or colliding with furniture and other items on the floor.
- It has protective bumpers, so it won’t damage furniture if it does bump into it.
- A remote control is included in the package for convenient operation.
- It has a large bin and is quiet while vacuuming.
- You have to clean the brush roll periodically as items may get stuck in it.
- It may leave some pet hair behind.
5. iRobot Braava 380t Robot Mop – BEST MOPPING TECHNOLOGY
The Braava 380t is a great vacuum and mop. It’s perfect for bare floors and you can vacuum and mop at the same time. Isn’t that great? It’s recommended that you use very mild cleaners with it. And, it shouldn’t be soapy as the robovac may slip while cleaning. Overall, it does a great job on hardwood floors. And, the best part- you can use reusable microfiber cloths, so you won’t have to buy a ton of disposable sweeping and mopping cloths. Surely, that’s a save for you.
At just about 8 pounds, the Braava 380t, has just enough weight to be ultraportable, yet effective in cleaning a variety of floors very well. It gets under a lot of furniture too. As a matter of fact, it’s possibly the lowest robovac mentioned in this article so it may be able to get into places that the other vacuums cannot. Yet, the best thing about it is its mopping technology. It has a fantastic system in place that enables it to get rid of a lot of dirt, leaving your hardwood floors, clean and looking like new. Don’t forget though- it’s just a supplemental cleaning tool and it may not remove tough grime and dirt from your floors.
- You do not have to wait until its done vacuuming for your floors to get mopped.
- The battery gets fully charged very quickly.
- It includes reusable microfiber cloths that will help you to save money on replacements.
- The advanced navigation system allows it to map your home and remember where it has been.
- Because of its size, it can get in small, hard to reach areas.
- If you have a larger home, you may need to purchase an additional navigation accessory, so it can effectively mop and vacuum your home.
Finding a great vacuum is hard enough. Can you imagine how difficult it can be to find a robovac that’s just right for your hardwood floors? I’ve been there, so I can tell you- it’s not all fun and games. Just when you think you’ve done your research and found the perfect one, you take it home and see it miss a whole load of dirt of the floor. Then there are those models that simply lack suction and get stuck just about everywhere.
So, how can you find a great robotic vacuum for your hardwood floors? Over the years, I’ve figured out some of the most important things to look for. Some of these things may seem like common sense. But, when you see a pretty little vacuum, it’s easy to forget them.
Whether you’re purchasing your first robot vacuum or you’re looking for a replacement, the following tips and questions should come in very handy for you.
Will it fall down stairs or get stuck under furniture?
If you live in a two-story home, chances are that you’ll want to use your robovac upstairs. While some are equipped with cliff-sensing technology, others aren’t. So, if you know that your vacuum may venture into places with stairs, make sure you look out for this feature.
Getting stuck under furniture is a common complaint about robot vacuums. But, if you purchase one that has a great navigation system, you shouldn’t have to worry about this so much. And, if it does get stuck, it should be able to find its way out of the sticky situation.
How much maintenance does it need?
Since you’re interested in a robotic vacuum, I’ll assume that, just like me, you want to cut down on your cleaning time. If so, why get a robovac that requires extensive maintenance? Check the product you’re interested in before you purchase it. There are usually indicators as to how much maintenance it will need.
What type of filter does it use?
If you have allergies or you’re looking for a robot vacuum that will release cleaner air, HEPA filters are the way to go. Although you may find that other filters do a great job, it is the consensus among seasoned robovac users, that the HEPA filters do an excellent job.
Will it be able to clean the area you need it for?
How big is your home? Imagine that tiny little vacuum maneuvering all those corners and all that square footage. Some can do it. But, there are some vacuums that have limitations on the area that they can clean. So, before you click that ‘buy now’ button, check to see just how much area the vacuum can cover.
It doesn’t need to have a brush roll
Since we’re talking about robotic vacuums for hardwood floors, let me fill you in on some important info: Your robot vacuum doesn’t need to have brush rolls to clean your bare floors well. Think about it! Why is the brush roll even there? It’s mostly for carpets, right? That’s true. So, if you only need it to clean bare floors, what you should be worried about is suction, suction and suction.
Yes! That’s right! The better the suction, the more things it will pick up off the floors. In fact, with a brush roll, you’ll only have more work to do, as items may get stuck in it. Plus, a dirty brush roll can reduce the suction power of your vacuum.
Find one that has bumpers all around
Although your robot vacuum may have sensors and detectors, it may still bump into low-lying furniture. To make sure that these furniture pieces do not get scuffed and damaged by these bumps, many manufacturers may include bumpers around the device. Look out for that. Don’t worry about the additional cost for finding a robovac with bumpers. The price difference is often negligible. But, I’m sure you’d rather have nice-looking furniture than scuffed up ones. Right?
Brand is not always the most important thing
We all know that in every industry and within every product line, there tends to be a few brands that are more established or better known. In many instances, we may be drawn to these brands, thinking that they offer the best quality. Certainly, this isn’t the case. Don’t let the popularity of a brand trick you.
The battery life matters and auto-charging is convenient
Wouldn’t it be convenient to find a robot vacuum that automatically returns to its docking station to be charged when the battery is low? There are many models that do. Check out the ones in this article. They’re very convenient to use.
The battery life is also a big factor in determining which robovac to purchase. The standard operating time is 60 minutes. Never settle for less. You can even find some robot vacuums that run for over 2 hours on just a single charge. And, don’t forget to check the charging time. The shorter it is, the more convenient it will be if you need to clean gain soon after the battery has died. With small kids and pets shedding hair everywhere, this can be very important. Trust me!
Additional features can come in handy
There are many other additional features that you can get in a robotic vacuum. From high-tech sensors to connectivity options and even basic scheduling of cleaning times. You can find it all in a robotic vacuum. Just beware of those high prices when these features are limited. One amazing feature that you’ll see in some options is mopping technology. While vacuuming, some robovacs can mop your floors too, eliminating the need for you to do that afterwards.
Want to find the best robot vacuum for hardwood floors? Then take all these tips into consideration. And, just like me, you’ll have a little extra time in your day to relax and unwind in a clean home that you didn’t have to spend time cleaning. Isn’t that what you want? A clean home, but more time in your day?
It’s not impossible to find a great robot vacuum for your hardwood floors. There are many great options out there. You just have to know where to look and what to look for to find them. In this article, I’ve shared my top 5 picks with you.
In case you don’t have time to read through everything or you missed something, here’s a rundown for you:
- The ILIFE V5s Pro has a beautiful design. It has the longest battery life and just like the other products here, it has great suction abilities.
- If you’re looking for an inexpensive robovac that can get the job done, the INLIFE i7 is a great option. It has a lot of features and can definitely handle your bare floors.
- For a Chinese-made product, the Xiaomi Mi runs excellently. It has great reviews from many users and I find that it does a great job picking up even the smallest debris.
- ECOVACS Deebot N79 is well known for its amazing performance, yet affordable price. It’s quite durable too.
- Looking for a robotic vacuum that can mop your floors too? Then I’d recommend the Braava 380t. It does a great job at both vacuuming and mopping floors.